The theme for 2018 is “Go Further with Food”. Whether you are starting the day off right with a healthy breakfast of fueling before an athletic event, the foods you choose for each meal can make a real difference.
Go further with your food be prepping and planning meals. Meal planning for the week is an important way to help you love and stick with a clean eating lifestyle. Planning meals and snacks can also help you reduce grocery costs and cut down on waste or last-minute meal purchases. Your meals don’t have to be complicated. Try prepping ingredients days before for quick meals.
Here are some easy ‘go to’ recipes for you to try this week!
Pesto Zoodles and Meatballs with a side salad - Makes 4 Servings
1 lb ground beef, lean 4 zucchini, medium, spiralized (or use store-bought spiralized
2 tsp onion powder zucchini or carrot)
3 tbsp almond flour or flour 1 tbsp olive oil
2 dashes salt & pepper ½ cup pesto
- Preheat oven to 350F and cover a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Add meat, onion powder, almond flour/flour, salt & pepper in a bowl and combine.
- Roll into about 1.5” meatballs and place them on baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- While meatballs cook, heat olive oil in a saucepan, add zucchini spirals and cook 3-5 minutes until heated through.
- Add pesto to zoodles, stir to coat and serve with meatballs.
- Add a side salad with your favorite greens. Enjoy!
Chicken Curry with sautéed spinach/kale - Makes 4 Servings
2 tbsp olive oil, Extra Virgin 2 cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 medium onions, peeled & chopped 2 cans diced tomatoes
2 tsp curry powder 4 cups steamed white rice
2 dashes salt & pepper
- Heat olive oile in a large pan on medium heat.
- Add onion and stir frequently until translucent (about 5-10 minutes)
- Add curry powder, salt and pepper. Mix with onions for about 30 seconds.
- Add tomatoes and chickpeas. Stir. Cover for 5-10 minutes until heated through)
- Serve on 1 cup of steamed rice.
- Saute spinach or kale in a saucepan with coconut oil until wilted. Season with salt & pepper. Enjoy!